Environment – Benefits
- GPS data collection systems complemented with GIS packages provides a means for comprehensive
analysis of environmental concerns.
- Environmental patterns and trends can be efficiently recognized with GPS/GIS data collection systems, and thematic maps can be easily created.
- GPS data can be quickly analyzed without the preliminary requirement for field data transcription into a digitized form using InciMat.
- Accurate tracking of environmental disasters such as fires and oil spills can be conducted more efficiently using InciMat.
- Precise positional data from GPS can assist scientists in crustal and seismic monitoring.
- Monitoring and preservation of endangered species can be facilitated through GPS tracking and mapping.