Asset Management – Benefits
- Inventory time reduced from months to less than a week.
- RFID can help in “Automated” Reading.
- Increased accuracy and visibility through RFID.
- Improved security.
- Reduced man power.
- Inventory accuracy of 99.2%, leading to loss rate of less than 1 %.
- Operational efficiencies.
- IT: Support life cycle management.
- Facilities & Security: It can be used as anti theft and other non operational activities.
- Operations: Quickly locate critical equipment and achieve real-time physical asset inventory.
- Provides IT Managers with a reliable tool to help keep track of valuable and portable items.
- RFID makes data entry more efficient and reduces errors inherent in manual tracking.
- Multiple items can be automatically scanned at once, which can save a significant amount of time.
- No ‘line-of-site’ required; auditor doesn’t have to see the tag, they just have to be with-in its read range.
This means auditors don’t have to visually search for tag, or move / lift items to find the serial number or barcode tag.
- Passive RFID labels are now very affordable, only costing slightly more than professionally printed